- Daily tummy time
- Developing fine motor skills and hand eye-coordination
- Developing gross motor movement
- Cognitive skills
- Literacy and Math skills by use of language materials eg pictures, objects, puzzles, books, colour shapes, sand paper numbers etc.
- Sensorial Activities -helps them to explore using their senses :
- Olfactory sense (scent jars, matching by scent)
- Tactile sense(matching, sorting, grading, puyyles, posting, etc
- Visual SENSE (MATCHING by texture, rough and smooth board, contrasting hands, and soft surfaces found in the classroom)
- Auditory sense ( musical instruments, shakers, sound cylinders, etc)
These activities help the child to develop self helps skills, to take care of the environment and to concentrate.
- Care of self- washing of hands, putting on shirts, sock, shoe, etc, combing of hair, tucking in a shirt, etc.
- Care of the environment- sweeping, mopping, flower arrangements, arrangement of books, bags, etc.
- Fine motor development- Beading, sewing, transfer( dry pouring, spooning, water pouring),funnel activities(eye dropper transfer)
- Gross motor development- climbing structure, walking on a line, carrying materials, math’s activities, chair activities, etc.
- Grace and Courtesy – table manners, saying please, thank you, excuse me, waiting for one’s turn, etc
- Art/Writing- painting, colouring, gluing, cutting, drawing, mosaic, writing, etc.
Pre-Primary Curriculum - Kindergarten:
- English(reading, writing, rhymes, songs, etc)
- Creative Arts
- Practical Life
- Extra Curriculum Activities
Montessori education helps children to develop their intelligence and independence.
Teachers work with children in an individual as well as group settings.
- Ghana Education Service(GES) curriculum – language(English, Fante, Mathematics, Science, Creative Arts, Religious and Moral Education.
- Social and Cultural Activities
- Computer Lessons(ICT)
- Practical Life
- Extra-Curriculum Activities